Have you decided to bring your business online? Where do you start?
So your immediate thought probably is ‘I need a website’, so where do I go to?
I know Johnny does it, and he is local, he had been doing it for years…
He must be good at it…
Just because somebody provides a service it does not mean he is great at it…J
But if you do decide to go with Johnny…
Here is a little checklist how to get YOUR website IT ready to convert:
- Mobile friendly. No matter what you sell around 70 % of your customers will visit your website from their mobile device. The easiest way to check if your website is mobile friendly, is to go to your website from your mobile phone and when it loads if you can enlarge the content with your 2 fingers, your website is NOT mobile friendly.
You should NOT have to pay extra to get your website MOBILE friendly. A good web developer will deliver you a quality site from the start.
- Your Website loading speed has to be 4 seconds. You can check that at the link below https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/
- Ask your web developer to submit a site map to Google. If your website is not submitted to Google nobody will be able to find it, so what is the point of even having a website then? We did have a client that paid 2500 euros for a wordpress site 9 months ago and the website sitemap has never been submitted to Google, so nobody was able to find it…J
- Ask your web developer to install Google Analytics and Facebook Pixel codes on your website, so you can track and analyze what do your prospects do on your site.
- Get Your Social Media share buttons integrated, and if relevant have ‘sign up for a newsletter’ form done as well (if you going to collect leads for email marketing).
Now once it is tech ready to go, lets think about the CONTENT!!!
Think about your Visitors. What do they want hear?
Are they interested to hear how great you are, how you are considering yourself a market leader, and etc?
Or would they prefer to hear how your product or service would help to solve their problems and make their LIFE easier?
Remember you only have few seconds to impress them before they leave your site.
Your content should be engaging, interesting and adding value to your prospects life.
This is the most important thing. Please don’t go to your competitors’ sites and COPY PASTE what they say in a nicer JARGON! Nobody is interested in that.
Today prospects value transparency, honesty, and authenticity.
Show who you really are and what your brand is about.
Map out your Prospect’s Decision Making Process and design your website based on that. (Contact us if you need help with that…J)
After you have done that, make sure to put links of your website to all the social media accounts you have for your business, and don’t forget to link it with Google My Business.
Next, start creating interesting Content on Social Media to engage your Prospects and start driving them to your Website to educate them more about your services.
Remember a prospect has to see your marketing message 5-8 times before they decide to purchase.
Do a Strategy for Paid Advertising. With Google Ads, Facebook/Instagram Ads and Youtube ads you will easily find some cold traffic to direct to your website.
What do you do then? What do you do with warm traffic? What do you do with those leads? How do you convert them to customers? Let us guide you! Let’s have a virtual coffee to discuss the next steps on your online marketing journey.